Course Content and Outcome Guide for LAT 275 Effective Winter 2016
- Course Number:
- LAT 275
- Course Title:
- Introduction to Landscape Night Lighting
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces landscape low voltage night lighting. Covers electricity fundamentals, layout, bulbs and fixtures, transformers, wire sizing and connections, and lighting design. Includes installing a night lighting system. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Students will install a night lighting system.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Understand and apply Ohms law to design a system.
- Use a multimeter to test voltage.
- Understand how to select and use different low voltage lighting wire methods.
- Perform waterproof wire connections.
- Install a low voltage lighting system
- Apply an understanding of lighting fixtures and their application in lighting design.
- Understand and apply landscape night lighting design techniques.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Written, mid-term and final exams
- Evaluation of performance based competencies.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Electricity Principles
- Wiring Methods
- Bulbs & Fixtures
- Transformers and Multimeter Use
- Wire Sizing and connections
- Lighting Design