- Posted by:
- Curriculum Office
- Course Number:
- LAT 275
- Course Title:
- Intro- Landscape Lighting
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
And introduction to landscape low voltage night lighting. Topics covered include electricity fundamentals, layout, bulbs and fixtures, transformers, wire sizing and connections, and lighting design. Students will install a night lighting system.
Addendum to Course Description
Students will install a night lighting system.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Students will understand and apply Ohm’s law to design a system.
- Use a multimeter to test voltage.
- Understand different low voltage lighting wire methods.
- Perform waterproof wire connections.
- Understand the steps involved installing a low voltage system.
- Understand lighting fixtures and their application in lighting design.
- Understand and apply landscape night lighting design techniques.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Written, mid-term and final exams
- Evaluation of performance based competencies.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Electricity Principles
- Wiring Methods
- Bulbs & Fixtures
- Transformers and Multimeter Use
- Wire Sizing and connections
- Lighting Design