College Electronic Policies
Acceptable Use for Electronic Information
It is the resource user's responsibility to read and understand the following:
Portland Community College provides its eligible users with access to E-mail, Administrative Information, the Internet and the World Wide Web for purposes directly related to education, research and administration in an environment...
- where access to the resource is shared equitably among all PCC Users
- which is conducive to teaching, learning and research
- which facilitates administration of the institution
- which is free of illegal or malicious acts
- which shows respect for others through proper Network Etiquette
It is not acceptable to use PCC's Electronic Information Resources...
- for any illegal purposes
- to transmit or access information containing harassing, obscene, discriminatory, lewd or lascivious material whether by email or other institutional resources
- with a login account assigned to someone else. Forgery or attempted forgery of email messages is prohibited.
- in such a way as to interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment
- to transmit any material in violation of any U.S. or state laws or regulations such as Copyright Law
Consequences for Misuse of PCC's Electronic Information Resources are covered in...
- Email Usage and Retention Standards - Governs use of PCC's Electronic Mail System (email)
- Information Classification Standard - PCC's information security policies and standards.
- Net Etiquette - Suggestions for proper behavior in an online world.
Eligible Users are Faculty, Staff and Students who have been granted access to specific Electronic Resources. This does not include spouses, children, significant others et. al. Faculty, staff and students will be held responsible for actions taken by others who use their access