This information is no longer current
Procedure For Meeting Math Competency By Testing*
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MTH 65 COMPETENCY EXAM
- The MTH 65 competency exam is a multiple choice exam that requires approximately 90 minutes.
- The MTH 65 competency exam may be taken at any Testing Center during hours designated as general testing and/or placement testing.
- NO FEE will be charged to students who are taking the MTH 65 competency exam solely for the purpose of meeting competency requirements.
- Students who wish to receive credit for MTH 65 as a result of passing the competency exam may do so by paying tuition for 4 credits and registering for the class.
- Students who wish to receive credit but fall into the 12 - 19 credit range for the quarter in which the exam was taken will be charged the current handling fee (plus additional tuition if credits go beyond 19).
- A student may take the MTH 65 competency exam at most one time per quarter.
- The MTH 65 competency exam will be graded on completion so that students will know the results.
- When a student has met the competency, the fact will be noted on a placement test form. The student will receive one copy, one copy will be sent to Counseling and the third copy will be sent to Student Records where the information will be added to the student's record.
Effective Date: September 1992