Academic Policy Handbook ARCHIVE
This information is no longer current
- Students enrolling in credit courses at Portland Community College for the first time will be expected to process enrollment information through the Admissions Office.
- Students enrolling for a certificate, degree, or diploma will attend an orientation designed specifically for new students and complete an assessment of their basic skills before they register.
- Students will be strongly encouraged to use the services of the Counseling and/or Advising Center(s) and to request assignment to an advisor, appropriate to their course of study.
- Students performing below requisite skill level will be advised to enroll in courses to upgrade their skills.
- Students, once admitted, must meet prerequisites for courses and programs, as required.
Effective Date: January 1990