Associate of Science Oregon Transfer (ASOT) in Business
Students who complete this degree should be able to:
1. Communicate effectively by determining the purpose, audience and context of communication, and respond to feedback to improve clarity, coherence and effectiveness in workplace, community and academic pursuits.
2. Apply scientific, cultural and political perspectives to natural and social systems and use an understanding of social change and social action to address the consequences of local and global human activity.
3. Identify and investigate problems, evaluate information and its sources, and use appropriate methods of reasoning to develop creative and practical solutions to personal, professional and community issues.
4. Use an understanding of the variations in human culture, perspectives and forms of expression to constructively address issues that arise out of cultural differences in the workplace and community
5. Demonstrate and apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to enter and succeed in a defined profession or advanced academic program.
6. Assess, examine and reflect on one’s own academic skill, professional competence and personal beliefs and how these impact others.
7. Transfer into an upper division baccalaureate degree program in Business at any institution in the Oregon University System offering a Business degree, having met all lower division general education requirements and being granted junior standing for both for the Business major and for university registration purposes.