Current Open JOBS Plus Positions
JOBS Plus position 1 – Production Worker
A local, family-owned food manufacturer specializing in Vegan and Vegetarian foods. We are seeking a hard-working and dedicated individual to join our team as a Production Worker – a vital position on the production team at our company! Opportunity for advancement, pay increases and bonuses! Join us as we fulfill our mission of bringing delicious food to the world!
A Production Worker must:
- Be able to stand on their feet during an entire shift
- Be able to lift 55 lbs
- Be able to follow a recipe or other cooking instructions
- Be able to understand safety warning signs
- Complete all required food safety trainings
- Always prioritize food safety in the production facility
- Have good knife skills and organization skills
- Be thorough and detail oriented
- Maintain a high pace during fast moving production work. Must be able to wrap products neatly – training and support provided!
- Help clean workspace at end of shift
- Be cooperative with co-workers and have an attitude of teamwork
- We can accommodate Spanish speakers!
Job schedule is Monday – Thursday 5am-3pm or until shift is complete.
Pay and Benefits
- $14 per hour to start
- After a 90-day period of employment we offer Paid Time Off
- After a 90-day period of employment we offer a stipend for health care benefits
- After a year of employment we offer Paid Vacation
- After a year of employment we offer an employer-matched retirement savings account
The ideal candidate for this position will have some experience in the food service industry. Must be a team player who is willing to learn and work hard.
JOBS Plus position 1 (español) – trabajador de producción
Un fabricante de alimentos local de propiedad familiar que se especializa en alimentos veganos y vegetarianos. Buscamos una persona dedicada y trabajadora para unirse a nuestro equipo como trabajador de producción, ¡Una posición vital en elequipo de producción de nuestra empresa! ¡Oportunidad de avance, aumentos salariales y bonificaciones! ¡Únase a nosotros para cumplir nuestra misión de llevar comida deliciosa al mundo
- Poder estar de pie durante todo un turno
- Poder levantar 55 libras
- Ser capaz de seguir una receta u otras instrucciones de cocción.
- Ser capaz de comprender las señales de advertencia de seguridad.
- Completar todas las capacitaciones requeridas sobre seguridad alimentaria
- Priorice siempre la seguridad alimentaria en el taller
- Tener buenas habilidades con el cuchillo y habilidades de organización.
- Sea minucioso y orientado a los detalles
- Mantenga un ritmo rápido durante el trabajo de producción en rápido movimiento.
- ¡Debe poder envolver cuidadosamente los productos, la capacitación y el apoyo brindados!
- Ayude a limpiar el espacio de trabajo al final del turno
- Sea cooperativo con los compañeros de trabajo y tenga una actitud de trabajo en equipo.
¡Nosotros hablamos español!
- Ability to lift 55 lbs throughout the day – bending, kneeling, sitting, and walking are required throughout shift
- Ability to communicate in English
- Must be a team player who is willing to learn and work hard! Opportunity for advancement for the right candidate!
JOBS Plus position 2 – Estimator Job File Coordinator
- Job Title: Job File Coordinator
- Division/Department: Office
- Reports to: Office Manager or Owner
- Summary: Perform all job file coordinator tasks related to customer calls, job monitoring, tracking, coordination, and audits of jobs. Create preliminary estimates and job file backup. Perform general office duties, such as drafting correspondence, filing, and creating reports.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Job File Coordination
- Monitor job file status
- Monitor job file audit status
- Maintain job file WIPs
- Monitor and ensure client requirements are followed
- Job File Documentation
- Review and validate initial field documentation
- Create preliminary estimate
- Perform daily job file coordination
- Perform job file backup
- Job File Communication and Reporting
- Maintain internal communications
- Maintain external communications
- Prepare job file reports
- Job File Communication and Reporting
- Complete and review job file documentation for final upload and the audit process
- Complete job file audit process
- Perform job close-out
Necessary Experience and Skill Set
- A minimum two years of business experience
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies
- Superb customer service, administrative and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the commercial cleaning and restoration or insurance industry is desired
- Experience in writing estimates and the job file process
Formal Education or Training
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
Physical and Work Environment Requirements
This is a largely sedentary role in an office environment. However, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Normal Working Hours, Additional Working Hours and Travel Requirements
- This is a full-time position working 8am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday.
- This position may require longer hours and some flexibility in hours may be needed dependent upon the business needs.
JOBS Plus position 3 – Sanitation Specialist
A local, family-owned food manufacturer specializing in Vegan and Vegetarian foods. We are seeking a hard-working and dedicated individual to join our team as a Sanitation Specialist – a vital position on the production team at our company! We’re looking for a detail-oriented and organized person to help us keep our facility clean. Join us as we fulfill our mission of bringing delicious food to the world!
The Sanitation Specialist position will involve:
- Cleaning and sanitizing all food production areas, prioritizing food safety at all times
- Cleaning facility restrooms
- Cleaning offices
- Keeping records of daily cleaning and sanitizing
- Standing throughout the shift and lifting up to 55lbs.
Schedule Swing shift; the schedule is Monday-Thursday 3 pm- 11 pm or until the work is complete.
This schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the business and the availability of the employee. Sufficient advance notice will be given before schedule changes.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the food service industry, specifically in sanitation
- Experience safely handling cleaning chemicals
- Experience completing sanitation logs
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and thoroughly
- Ability to read chemical warning labels in English
Pay is $14-18/hr, DOE
JOBS Plus position 4 – Content Cleaning Specialist
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment and helping people in their time of need?
Company is seeking someone who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, enjoys meeting new people, has excellent communication skills, and is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self-motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you will thrive in this work environment.
Manage client contents from fire and water losses. Facilitate the completion of content inventory, perform packouts, transporting of contents, as well as the cleaning, storage and estimating according to our processes. Respond to service calls, set up and establish efficient job flow, complete job documentation and perform production work. Follow and enforce all safety procedures on the job site. Communicate and establish relationships with residential clients.
- Cleaning and deodorizing fire and water damaged buildings and personal property
- Documenting, inventorying, cleaning, packing, and managing personal property items
- Communicating with customers and clients
- Completing job file documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients to help build business
- Managing inventory with through various software programs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Experience with fire/water restoration cleaning projects or janitor services preferred
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and iPad
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Availability to work after hours (evenings, weekends, etc.) when needed
- Must pass criminal background check
- High school diploma or GED
- Position requires frequent bending, capable of lifting 50 pounds, working from ladders.
Pay scale is $ 16.00 to 20.00 per hour.
JOBS Plus position 5 – Assistant Teacher
Position: Level 1 – Assistant Teacher
Supervised By-Reports To: Lead Teacher, Director, and Assistant Director
Salary range: $14.00 to start
High school diploma or equivalent, at least 18 years of age and completion of the 45 Hour Fundamentals Course approved by the Division, or one higher education (minimum 3 credits) in early childhood development to be successfully completed within one year of employment.
Early Childhood Career Ladder Qualifications:
- Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals course (45 hours). OR
- 45 hours of verified professional development and one approved observation of the practitioner. OR
- Related college credits in child development including early childhood and basic specialized care, introduction to licensing and one approved observation.
Experience: One year
Annual Professional Development:
Minimum of 20 (clock) hours of Professional Development Activities, which may be applied toward meeting the Teaching Assistant’s Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP).
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Teacher means a staff member who works under the supervision of the Associate Teacher, Teacher or Program Director, is responsible for a group of children, provides direct child care services and assists in the implementation of curriculum.
General work habits:
- Arrives on time to work.
- Is reliable in attendance.
- Gives ample notice for absence.
- Alert in health and safety matters.
- Flexible with assignments and schedule.
- Maintains a gossip free and positive work environment.
- Follows the policies and procedures of the program.
- Responsible in job duties.
- Remains calm in a tense situation.
- Keeps personal cell phone on vibrate and away during working hours.
Personal care routines:
- Greets and shares information with children and parents each day during arrival and departure.
- Maintains a safe, clean environment for snacks and meals.
- Responds promptly to each child’s signs of hunger and food according to his/her own individual schedule.
- Has pleasant conversations with children during routine times (diapering, eating, transitions to encourage learning and social development).
- Teaches children self-helps skills (use of utensils, serve and set the table, clean up, put coat on-when age appropriate).
- Provides a safe, clean and pleasant environment for rest time and naps.
- Uses proper procedures for hand washing.
- Practices universal precautions to avoid/control blood borne pathogens.
- Teaches children good health practices (hand washing, toileting)
- Teaches and explains reasons for safety to children.
Interactions with children:
- Shows friendly, warmth and affection through appropriate contact (touching lightly on the shoulder, patting on the back, returning child’s hug).
- Eye to eye interaction at child’s level.
- Uses the child’s name when speaking to them.
- Uses moderate and appropriate voice.
- Shows respect for children.
- Is aware of developmental levels.
- Recognizes developmental differences between solitary play (playing alone), parallel play (playing along-side) and cooperative play (playing together).
- Encourages independence and self-help.
- Intentionally spends time with individual childfree and small groups of children each day to support positive interaction and relationships.
- Avoids stereotyping and labeling.
- Reinforces positive behavior.
- Uses positive guidance techniques (redirection, use of own words, calm down time/take a break).
- Gives positive attention (smiling, watching, and chatting) to children when they are behaving well.
- Regularly records observations of children.
- Provides “Primary Care” (majority of care) for specified group of children within own classroom. Co-teacher provides “Primary Care” for the other children within own classroom.
- Creates an inviting learning environment.
- Keeps environment clean and well organized.
- Maintains a safe and organized environment, where children are supervised at all time.
- Plans the day to include a balance of routine time such as eating, toileting and sleeping.
- Provides age appropriate activities.
- Selects books and other language materials that are appropriate for children in own classroom.
- Enriches children’s vocabulary by introducing and explaining the meaning of new words.
- Helps children to learn about printed letters, words and numbers in their everyday lives (crayons, markers, play-doh, scissors and puzzles).
- Provides opportunities for children to explore and experiment with wide variety of art materials without having to follow a set example or model.
- Provides a variety of musical experiences such as singing, dancing, and finger play.
- Creates opportunities for dramatic play by encouraging children to assume different roles (firefighter, doctor, chef) and creatively use their imaginations.
- Develops goals from observations.
- Facilitates growth in all areas of development.
- Serves as an appropriate role model.
- Anticipates problems and redirects behavior.
- Is flexible and responsive to children’s needs.
- Is prepared for the day’s activities.
- Handles transitions well.
Working with parents:
- Greets parents individually and shares daily information about their child.
- Available and approachable with parents.
- Encourages parents to become involved in our program.
- Communicates well with parents through listening and speaking.
- Listens to parents respectfully and responds appropriately.
- Is tactful with negative information.
- Shows respect for those from diverse backgrounds.
- Protects and maintains confidentiality for children and parents.
- Seeks partnerships with parents.
- Regularly shares information about the child’s progress.
- Refers parents to other resources or professionals for help and information.
- Involves parents in center activities and events.
- Is courteous when a teacher is talking to a parent regarding their child- does not “step on toes”.
Working with Co-workers
- Is friendly and respectful
- Communicates well with other staff through listening and speaking.
- Strives to assume fair share of work.
- Asks other staff members for help when needed.
- Shares ideas and materials.
- Shares daily information about children in the Center with other staff to ensure consistent care (when applicable).
- Communicates directly to avoid gossip.
- Approaches criticism with a learning attitude.
- Looks for ways to be helpful.
- Solves conflicts independently or seeks assistance from Director or Assistant Director.
- Asks supervisor for feedback about work performance.
- Recognizes personal signs of stress.
- Has several appropriate ways to deal with stress at work effectively.
- Is courteous when a teacher is talking to another teacher regarding a child-does not “step on toes”.
Working with the Owner/Director and Assistant Director
- Communicates directly to Owner/Director and Assistant Director about issues being faced or challenged with (whether it is with another teacher, a child or a parent).
- Honest in communication (what the Owner/Director and Assistant Directors doesn’t know can’t be fixed)
- Comfortable going to Owner/Director and Assistant Director no matter what the circumstances are.
- Approaches criticism with a learning attitude.
- Communicates with Owner/Director and Assistant Director about increasing or decreasing work capacity (wanting to take on new challenges or has too much “on plate”).
Professionalism and growth:
- Dresses and groomed appropriately.
- Practices ethical conduct (confidentiality, honesty, trustworthiness and truthfulness).
- Takes job seriously and seeks skills improvement.
- Locates and registers for trainings and educational opportunities.
- Participates in workshops, classes and trainings required by the state.
- Recognizes common signs of child abuse/neglect and takes appropriate actions.
- Takes appropriate action in the event of an accident or injury.
- Participates in a self-evaluation annually.
- Sets goals for personal and professional growth.
- Behaves in an ethical manner.
Teacher Job Description (Common)
1) Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
2) Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
3) Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
4) Read to children, and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
5) Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
6) Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
7) Sanitize, organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
8) Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas when needed.
9) Provide counseling or therapy to mentally disturbed, delinquent, or handicapped children.
10) Dress children and change diapers.
11) Help children with homework and school work.
13) Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, dishwashing, taking garbage out, and washing /changing of linens.
14) Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
15) Sanitize toys and play equipment daily and as needed.
16) Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
17) Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents’ or guardians’ attention.