The PCC Steps to Success program provides comprehensive employment readiness and internship placement services for individuals receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) through the Department of Human Services (DHS). We offer two types of internships: Work Experience (unpaid) and Jobs Plus (paid).
Work Experience offers employers a great opportunity to meet staffing needs. Interns will work part-time (between 5-25 hours a week) in an unpaid position. This is a great opportunity for interns to develop new skills, gain recent work experience, and develop professional references.
Jobs Plus interns are full-time (between 30-40 hours a week) and considered temporary workers subject to the same rules and company policies as other staff. Employers who hire through the Jobs Plus program will receive partial reimbursement for the first six months of employment and can hire interns on permanently at the end of the assignment.
Benefits to employers
- Prescreening of interns to match skills and overall suitability to the worksite
- Ongoing support and coordination with worksite supervisor and interns
- Workers Compensation coverage for interns during a Work Experience assignment
- Interns can be hired for regular positions within an organization with no employment fee
- Companies may qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) if the intern is hired
- Reimbursement of a portion of wages for the first six months in a Jobs Plus internship
- Employers can hire up to 10% of their staff through Jobs Plus
Eligible interns are referred to the program by a DHS Family Coach (Case Manager).
For information regarding TANF visit the Oregon DHS benefits website