On-Ramp to Trades
Are you interested in a career in the trades? Do you want to learn more about your options in carpentry, HVAC, welding, or as an electrician? We’re here to help you get there!
Upcoming course information
- October 18-29, Monday through Friday
- 9am-11:30am (breaks provided)
- Offered online via Zoom
- No cost to participants – all are welcome!
What you’ll learn
- Explore career paths in construction trades
- Learn about PCC degrees and certificates
- Get support with on-boarding to PCC
- Gain resources for student success
Participate or learn more
Complete the interest form and someone from our team will reach out to answer your questions. We can get you enrolled over the phone or email in just a few minutes.
Topics we’ll explore
Trades Overview Topics:
- Why the Trades?
- Resources for Career Exploration
- Apprenticeships in the Building Trades
- Career Snapshots: Carpenter / Electrician / Laborer / Plumber and more
- Stretch and Flex for Workplace Safety
- Portfolio Building & Networking for a Career in the Trades
- Amy James Neel, Anti-Hate in the Workplace
- Matt Scott, Welder
- Isis Harris, Electrician
- Brad Fox, Building Construction Technology
- PCC Program Advisors and Staff
- Onboarding to PCC
- Paying for College
- Connecting to Resources
- Resilience In School and On the Job
- Goal Setting and Next Steps
This program is funded through the Title III RISES Grant. Portland Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution. Contact Disability Services if you have a disability that requires services.