On-Ramp to Manufacturing
This class wrapped up in September 2021, but we’ll be offering it again in Winter term! Complete the interest form above to get on our list for future classes, and learn more about our last class below…
Want to work in Advanced Manufacturing?
We’re here to help you get there through education!
- 5 weeks of classes offered at no cost to you
- Attend all 3 sections or pick and choose
- Make an informed decision about your future
- Get support on your journey to becoming a PCC student
- Build skills for success in school and on the job
All classes will be offered in-person at OMIC Training Center, located at 34001 NE Wagner Ct, Scappoose, OR 97056 for Columbia County students. For students in other counties, we are offering attendance through Zoom for Part 1 and Part 2, and in-person as space allows.
Part 1: Explore your options
Monday – Friday, August 16-20, 9am-12:30pm
- Explore career paths in manufacturing, learn about educational opportunities, and connect with industry professionals.
- We’ll cover the following PCC programs:
Part 2: Onboarding to PCC
Monday – Friday, August 23-27, 10-11am
- Get support with onboarding to PCC, connect with other students, and build skills for student success.
- Meet each morning for a short lesson and check-in, then work on your onboarding steps at your own pace throughout the day.
Part 3: Build skills for manufacturing
Tuesdays – Fridays, August 31-September 17, 9am-12pm
- Learn essential skills that will help you succeed in school and on the job.
- Get experience drawing to scale, taking measurements, and working with an xArm robot to build knowledge and confidence.
Participate or learn more
This program is funded through the Title III RISES Grant. Portland Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution. Contact Disability Services if you have a disability that requires services.