Trades and construction training
On-Ramps to Trades courses
See the On-Ramp to Trades page for more information.
Pre-Apprenticeship Career Pathway
- More information about the Pre-Apprenticeship program
- This certificate program is specially designed to prepare students who seek careers in construction and in the trades or an apprenticeship. Students will build the critical skills to meet the qualifications and become the most desirable applicants to one of the 40+ apprenticeship programs registered in the State of Oregon.
- People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Classes will be remote/online. Access to a computer system and internet service is required.
- Tuition scholarships are available for qualifying Washington County residents..
Attend a pre-apprenticeship information session
Access to a computer and the Internet or telephone are required to participate. If you do not have access and are interested, please contact us for assistance.
Are you working with or considering training with any of these providers? Contact Amy Pontius for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC) and Rosemary Anderson High School
- Portland YouthBuilders
- Constructing Hope
- Oregon Tradeswomen
- Eligible Registered Apprenticeship Programs