Trades and Construction Training
On-Ramps to Trades Courses
- Available from Sept 1 – Sept 11, 2020.
- Explore opportunities in construction and in the trades, learn more about becoming a student with PCC, build skills, and take steps towards enrolling as a Pre-Trades student.
- For more information, click here.
Pre Apprenticeship Career Pathway
- Available from Sept 21 – Dec 13, 2020.
- This certificate program is specially designed to prepare students who seek careers in construction and in the trades/ apprenticeship. Students will build the critical skills to meet the qualifications and become the most desirable applicants to one of the 40+ apprenticeship programs registered in the State of Oregon.
- People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Classes will be a hybrid of remote/online. Access to a computer system and internet service are required.
ATTEND AN INFO SESSION
Virtual Zoom Meetings: REGISTER HERE
*Access to a computer and internet, or telephone are required to participate. If you do not have access and are interested, please see contact information below for assistance registering and accessing the info session.
- Thursday, September 10th: 3PM-4PM
- Friday, September 11th: 9AM-10AM
- Monday, September 14th: 2PM-3PM
- Tuesday, Sept 15th: 11:30AM-12:30PM
DO YOU QUALIFY FOR SNAP
If you are receiving SNAP, and pursuing a career
focused program, the STEP program has added
support and resources
For more information contact:
971.722.2554 or 971.337.9972 (text only)
Are you working with or considering training with any of these providers?
- Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC) and Rosemary Anderson High School
- Portland YouthBuilders
- Constructing Hope
- Oregon Tradeswomen
- Eligible Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Contact Karin Kief for more information or attend an info session