Trades and Construction Training
On-Ramps to Trades Courses
- Next Class: November 9-20, 2020, Class hours: 9am-noon, Monday – Thursday
- Explore opportunities in construction and in the trades, learn more about becoming a student with PCC, build skills, and take steps towards enrolling as a Pre-Trades student.
- For more information, On-Ramp to Trades Flyer November 2020
Pre Apprenticeship Career Pathway
- Next training will begin Winter Term 2021 (January 4th, 2021)
- More detailed information about the training program
- This certificate program is specially designed to prepare students who seek careers in construction and in the trades/ apprenticeship. Students will build the critical skills to meet the qualifications and become the most desirable applicants to one of the 40+ apprenticeship programs registered in the State of Oregon.
- People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Classes will be a remote/online. Access to a computer system and internet service are required.
- Tuition Scholarships are available for Washington County residents who are SNAP (non-TANF) recipients
ATTEND A PRE-APPRENTICESHIP INFO SESSION
Virtual Zoom Meetings: REGISTER HERE
*Access to a computer and internet, or telephone are required to participate. If you do not have access and are interested, please see contact information below for assistance registering and accessing the info session.
Are you working with or considering training with any of these providers?
- Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC) and Rosemary Anderson High School
- Portland YouthBuilders
- Constructing Hope
- Oregon Tradeswomen
- Eligible Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- Contact Karin Kief for more information or attend an info session