Child Care Resources at Sylvania
Student Activity Fee (SAF) Child Care Subsidy
The Sylvania ASPCC – Associated Students of Portland Community College is now processing all Child Care Subsidy Applications. The information below is for your convenience. Please contact Christian Gaines for more information.
The Sylvania Student Activity Fee (SAF) Child Care Subsidy is a financial assistance program for school-related childcare. This subsidy is for out-of-pocket childcare costs accrued while attending PCC classes on campus. Children may be subsidized from infancy to age 11, based on the student parent full-time (12 credits or more) or part-time (between 6 and 11 credits) enrollment status.
Student-parents must meet the following conditions to qualify for the Sylvania SAF Subsidy:
- PELL grant eligible through Financial Aid
- If you are not eligible for Financial Aid due to your visa/immigration status, please contact us. We may still be able to work with you.
- Taking at least 6 credits per term mainly at Sylvania campus (including online classes and satellite centers)
- Childcare provider must be licensed by the state (either OR or WA)
- Grants will not be given to those students already receiving childcare assistance from other sources
The maximum possible amount of SAF subsidy is based upon the following, and assistance provided will pay for no more than 50% of a parent’s child care costs.
For full-time students (12 credits or more):
- 1 child: $450 per term
- 2 children: $900 per term
- 3 or more children: $1,350 per term (max)
For part-time students (6-11 credits):
- 1 child: $225 per term
- 2 children: $450 per term
- 3 or more children: $675 per term (max)
*No subsidy is available for Summer Term.
If you take classes in different campus, here are the contacts for the SAF Child Care subsidy:
Looking for a Child Care Provider?
PCC Child Development Center
PCC Sylvania Campus, HT building, Room 220 | 971-722-4424 | email@example.com
The Child Development Center is licensed by the state of Oregon and accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The center is planned and staffed to provide a training facility for the Early Education and Family Studies department students and a sound educational program for young children.
Off-Campus Childcare Resources
- Find Child Care Oregon
- Central Coordination of Child Care Resource and Referral
- CCR & R of Multnomah
- Community Action
- Clackamas Education Service District
These websites are designed to help families make informed decisions about child care including referral listings of child care providers. Referrals are not recommendations and do not relate to the quality of child care. The responsibility of exploring and determining the best child care provider is solely upon families seeking child care.