Resources for students
- Panther Pantry: Are you experiencing hunger? Stop by the Cascade food bank. You can also drop off donations.
- PCC Bike Program: Looking for a way to get around town on a student’s income? Check out the Cascade Bike Program!
- Textbook loan: The WRC has textbooks to check out for a term! Drop by SU 301 and see if we have the one you’re looking for and please donate your old text books.
- Child care at PCC: Need help with child care while you’re in class? PCC provides financial assistance for school-related child care expenses, and there are centers on some campuses.
- Queer and transgender resources: Stop by the Cascade QRC!
Useful websites and phone numbers
- 211 info can help you find food resources, health care, public agencies, legal services, employment resources, counseling/support groups, housing/emergency shelter, and much more!
- Comprehensive Guide to Drugs on Campus
- A Guide for Students in Recovery to Thrive in College
- A Better Path for Students in Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous 503-223-8569
- Alcohol Drug Help Line 1-800-923-4357 (Teen line: 1-877-533-8336)
- Clackamas Women’s Crisis Hotline 503-654-2288
- Cocaine Anonymous 503-256-1666
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line 503-469-8620
- HIV/AIDS Hotline 1-800-777-2437
- Marijuana Anonymous 503-221-7007
- Mult. County Crisis Line 503-988-4888 24 hour hotline for mental health concerns
- Narcotics Anonymous 503-345-9839
- Portland Women’s Crisis Line 503-235-5333, 1-888-235-5333
- Rape Victims Advocate 503-988-3222 9am to 5pm
- Suicide Prevention 1-800-273-8255
- Tri Met 503-238-RIDE
- Vet Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255 press 1
- Washington County Crisis Team 503-291-9111 Suicide prevention and referrals
Childcare and preschool numbers
- Blazers Boys and Girls Club 503-282-8480
- Head Start 503-916-5724
- Washington County Childcare Resource and Referral 1-800-624-9516
- YMCA Childcare Development Centers 503-946-5437
- YMCA Childcare School-Age Program 503-327-0007
Domestic violence emergency shelters
- Bradley-Angel House 503-281-2442
- Raphael House 503-222-6222
- Salvation Army West Women’s 503-224-7718
- YWCA Yolanda House 503-535-3269
Winter shelters and warming centers
- Winter shelters are available from November 1 to March 31
- Family Winter Shelter: 12505 NE Halsey St. Call 503-256-2280
- Portland Rescue Mission: 111 W Burnside. Call 503-906-7690
- Salvation Army Female Emergency Shelter (SAFES): 11 NW 5th. Call 503-227-0810
- Women’s Winter Warming Center: 650 NW Irving. Call 503-280-4700
- Transitions Projects: Clark Center: 1431 SE MLK. Call 503-280-4700
- Transitions Projects: Doreen’s Place: 610 NW Broadway. Call 503-280-4664
- Transitions Projects: Jean’s Place: 18 NE 11th. Call 503-280-4700
- City Team Ministeries: 526 SE Grand Ave. Call 503-231-9334
- Red Cross Severe Weather Warming Center: 1302 Ankeny St (at 13th Ave). Call 211
- Union Gospel Mission: 15 NW 3rd. Call 503-274-4483