TRIO TS students will receive the following services free of charge:
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information about colleges and universities
- Visits to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Help in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams (SAT)
- Mentoring programs
- Family workshops for TRIO TS program participants and their parents/guardians
- Cultural activities
TRIO is educational opportunity
Our nation has asserted a commitment to providing educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of race, ethnic background or economic circumstance.
In support of this commitment, Congress established a series of programs to help low-income Americans enter college, graduate and move on to participate more fully in America’s economic and social life. These Programs are funded under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are referred to as the TRIO Programs (initially just three programs). While student financial aid programs help students overcome financial barriers to higher education, TRIO programs help students overcome class, social and cultural barriers to higher education.