We’re hiring: Part-time Strategic Energy Associate
Portland Community College Strategic Energy Management (SEM) Associate
Portland Community College is looking for a qualified person to join in our efforts to reduce energy use and increase our employee engagement activities. The associate will support the college’s Strategic Energy Management (SEM) program and PowerShift energy team by monitoring and tracking energy use, identifying energy efficiency opportunities, and developing employee awareness and engagement campaigns.
This person should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the associate position having gained broad experience in various aspects of energy efficiency and sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and deliver employee awareness campaigns; including the creation of signage, marketing materials, informational emails, games, and competitions.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials.
- Work with the college’s energy management system to monitor and track energy utility data district-wide and by building on a monthly basis using Excel and Lucid.
- Develop reporting mechanisms for various stakeholders to understand SEM efforts.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to employees and staff regarding the SEM program.
- Attend energy team meetings on campus; including taking notes, tracking the completion of action items, and the development of agenda items.
- Research and identify areas in the organization where energy awareness is low and develop a plan for engagement.
- Work with the maintenance department to track and maintain the Energy Action List and ensure the completion of identified projects.
- Conduct night audits on a quarterly basis to identify energy efficiency opportunities.
- Review Building automation systems equipment trends for efficiency opportunities.
- Interview and document standard operating procedures for equipment and HVAC systems and develop written requirements based on energy efficiency best practices.
- Review the organization’s current purchasing practices, procedures or policies and identify areas to insert energy efficiency requirements.
- Assist with event planning.
- Assist with broad Sustainability team tasks as needed.
- Assist with printer reduction research and implementation at Rock Creek.
Learning & Professional Development Opportunities
- Monthly SEM operations and organizational calls with the Energy Coaches and the Energy Team
- Attend half-day SEM workshops covering continuous improvement best practices and engagement strategies
- Learn about energy monitoring tracking systems and variables affecting the energy in the commercial sector
- Become familiar with statistical regression modeling
- Present accomplishments and findings at the end of the associate position to SEM Team and Energy Coaches
- Network with industry professionals and develop a support base for additional learning and career opportunities
- Interest in working in an energy-related field
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with engaging individuals, communities, and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or pursuing a degree in related fields
- Ability to work well with others across departments and with different viewpoints
- Ability to regularly work at the Sylvania and Rock Creek Campuses
- Potential ability to travel to other district and off-campus locations
- Comfortable taking initiative and working on projects in a self-directed manner
- Paid internship – $15 an hour
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience working in the higher education system
- Great professional development opportunity with the Energy Trust of Oregon’s SEM workshops
- Work with a team of fun and dynamic people
- Multidisciplinary energy management approach allows career exploration across a broad spectrum of energy-related fields
To apply please email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled, for best consideration, apply by Monday, November 25th, 2019.