MUS205 Introduction to Jazz History
Introduces the American art form of jazz music with a focus on cultural contexts, traditions, and musical elements. Traces the cultural and societal impacts and connections of the music. Includes an examination of improvisation and musical practices of the style using musicological techniques. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|43177||Online||Not applicable||Available 24/7|
From September 25 through December 16, 2023
|Sean Peterson||Books for CRN 43177
Class details for CRN 43177
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: classes take place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: classes do not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: classes take place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.
- In-person and remote: classes meet both in-person and remotely. Attendance at both is required.
- In-person and online: classes meet in-person with additional online activities required.
- Remote and online: classes meet remotely with additional online activities required.