COMM228 Mass Communication and Society
Explores mass media and the social, cultural and political influences and effects on society and the individual. Introduces the history, development and technological advances of mass communication systems. Includes an analysis of print and broadcast journalism, advertising, public relations, television, film, new media and digital convergence. This course is also offered as J 201; a student who enrolls in this course a second time under either designator will be subject to the course repeat policy. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|11513||Online||Not applicable||Available 24/7|
From January 9 through March 25, 2023
|Heather N Lubay||Books for CRN 11513
Class details for CRN 11513
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: class takes place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: class does not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: class takes place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.