Introduces information and skills needed for self-defense in threatening situations. Covers criminal and survival psychology to help understand the mind and behaviors of an attacker. Emphasizes environmental awareness, verbal defense, vital point striking, ground escape tactics, and weapon and knife defense. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|42669||In-person||Cascade CAGYM 110|
Fridayfrom 9 to 11:50am
From September 30 through December 16, 2022
|Cory A Carllson||Books for CRN 42669
Class details for CRN 42669
|45545||In-person||Rock Creek BLDG5 GYM-A|
Monday and Wednesdayfrom 12 to 1:20pm
From September 26 through December 14, 2022
|Carlos T Arevalo||Books for CRN 45545
Class details for CRN 45545
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: class takes place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: class does not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: class takes place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.