MUS205 Introduction to Jazz History
Introduces the American art form of jazz music with a focus on cultural contexts, traditions, and musical elements. Traces the cultural and societal impacts and connections of the music. Includes an examination of improvisation and musical practices of the style using musicological techniques. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|43714||Online||Not applicable||Available 24/7|
From September 26 through December 17, 2022
|John C Mery||Books for CRN 43714
Class details for CRN 43714
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: class takes place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: class does not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: class takes place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.