BIT105 Bioscience Workplace Safety
Survey of technical and regulatory aspects of physical, chemical, radiation and biological safety in the bioscience laboratory. Topics covered include: mechanical and electrical systems, hazards due to temperature and pressure, handling and storing hazardous chemicals, personal protective equipment, chemical waste disposals and spill, ionizing radiation and control measures, biological containment, disinfection/sterilization, medical waste handling, applicable regulations and guidelines. Prerequisites: Placement into WR 115 and RD 115. Audit available. (See course content and outcomes.)
|CRN||Class type||Location||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Faculty||More info|
|40872||In-person||Rock Creek BLDG7 116|
Thursdayfrom 8:30 to 10:20am
From September 29 through December 15, 2022
|Steven L Gatton||Books for CRN 40872
Class details for CRN 40872
Class schedule definitions
- cost is based on the number of credits – see tuition and fees
- $0 or <$40 means low cost books (doesn't include other supplies like calculators)
- use the CRN to register in MyPCC – see how to register
- Class types:
- see more about class types
- In-person: class takes place at specific times and locations. Attendance in person is required.
- Online: class does not have meeting times. Regular online interaction is required and there are weekly assignments.
- Remote: class takes place at specific times online. Students must be logged in during class meeting times.