MUS220D Chorus IV
Provides an opportunity to sing in a large general chorus of mixed voices. Includes rehearsal and performance at an intermediate level using repertory drawn from the canon of choral works from the 16th-21st centuries. No audition required. Prerequisite: MUS 220C. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|41617||RC BLDG3 114||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 12 to 1:20pm
From September 27 through December 15, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 41617||Instructor: Samuel W Barbara|
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
Notes: Large inperson open-enrollment choral ensemble
Course details: CRN 41617
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
We will practice in a safe environment using masks, hand sanitizer and social distancing. This class will also use Soundtrap, Sight Reading Factory and Choral Tracks. Access to these programs, as well as to choral scores, will be provided free to the student. We will also heavily use YouTube and other online streaming sites for practice. Students may purchase a black choral folder from the book store and concert attire will be all black. Come sing with us!
WELCOME BACK SINGERS! We have waited so long for this opportunity and I hope you will consider joining us as we use music to heal and grow. Anyone with an interest in singing is welcome to join this class! NO AUDITION REQUIRED and students of ALL LEVELS of experience should join us. We are a friendly community of musicians and all are welcome. Students will rehearse in a circle in the forum and performances will likely be live streamed. We will follow CDC guidelines, but our goal is to remain IN PERSON. Come sing with us!
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.