MUS131 Class Voice
Covers basic technique and theory of vocal proficiency necessary to develop individual ability in solo or ensemble settings. Includes the application of breath support, projection, phrasing, and musical styles to support individual voices in solo repertoire. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|41611||RC BLDG3 114||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 9 to 10:20am
From September 27 through December 15, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 41611||Instructor: Samuel W Barbara|
Tuition: credit Fees: $6
Notes: Group and private vocal coaching, supportive environment
Course details: CRN 41611
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
Students will need an electronic device that will play audio files and headphones. It could be a phone, ipod/ipad, laptop or a personal computer at home. This is necessary for students to practice their songs outside of class.
Please consider joining us for this fun and friendly class. All are welcome, regardless of singing experience. We will focus on getting to know your true voice and learning how to use it more effectively in solo and ensemble settings. Please don't worry about your nerves: they are normal! We are here to help and the group will support everyone though their inhibitions and difficulties.
There is an optional textbook we will use to guide our discussion. It is called "Cantabile Voice Class" by Katharin Rundus, is available on Amazon (print and Kindle e-book) and many other bookseller's sites for a very affordable price. While not required, it is a great resource to have, so do consider purchasing this if you can afford it.
A very unique component of this class each student receives individual coachings with the instructor on both of their songs, addressing their unique vocal challenges and goals. In class participation and attendance is required for success, so please plan accordingly. I look forward to working with you.
Come sing with us!
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.