MSD115 Improving Work Relations
Examines management techniques, methods and strategies for helping managers, aspiring managers and staff professionals develop their own unique managerial style. Includes improving individual effectiveness, developing interpersonal relationships, functions of working groups, multi-cultural relations, productivity and quality at the organizational level. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 27 through December 18, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 43193|
|Instructor: Iris A Savich|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6217 or 971-722-6147 (Dept Chair).
Course details: CRN 43193
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
There will be a short required Zoom meeting at 7:00 pm on the first day of class to ask questions and meet fellow classmates and me. You can view a copy of the course syllabus HERE https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJ8Zl7tcIsj7Cj_KxI3CaGuim0TXgr6O/view?usp=sharing
OPTIONAL: The following 1-credit courses are excellent ways to expand your interest in an aspect of content covered in this course: MSD 174 Time Management, MSD 151 Working with Difficult People, MSD 113 Influence without Authority, and MSD 159 Stress Control. You can view the syllabus HERE
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg