LIB127 Information Research
Explores a discipline or job-related field by learning what professionals and scholars read, write and talk about. Covers where research and information is published and how to access relevant information efficiently. Examines the jargon used in a field of study or profession and how evidence is used in decision making. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 27 through November 21, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 44797|
|Instructor: Kevin W Moore|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Healthcare focus, Online Web class.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4500.
Course details: CRN 44797
No textbooks required
There is no additional technology required for this class.
In this class we learn what health care professionals and scholars read, write and talk about. Covers where research and information is published and how to access relevant information efficiently. Examines the jargon used in a field of study or profession and how evidence is used in decision making.
I will be using the syllabus used last year for this course. Please see this PDF.
For more information about me and my teaching philosophy, please see this Google Slide.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg