HIM260 Professional Practice Lab 1
Provides an opportunity to demonstrate competency in core health information management, revenue management and data management skills. Focuses on healthcare delivery systems and the policies and regulations that support data integrity and data governance. Prerequisites: HIM 105, HIM 107, HIM 131, and HIM 282. Prerequisite/concurrent: HIM 281, HIM 275. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 27 through December 18, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 43952||Instructor: Bonnie M Altus|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: CRN includes both lec and lab
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5667 (Admissions).
Course details: CRN 43952
The course requires the use of AHIMA vLab and Microsoft Access. It may be necessary for students with a Mac to use a program that allows them to run Windows programs on the Mac. Some applications may also have a problem running on the Chromebook.
This course is only open to students admitted to the HIM program and in the final year of their program (2nd year for two-year students and 3rd year for three-year students).
For information on the HIM program, please see: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/health-info-management/
The instructor offers optional weekly Zoom lessons, which are recorded for those who are unable to attend.
The instructor schedules five hours a week for office hours on Zoom and is available to schedule meetings at other times that work for you.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg