HEC212 Parent-Child Relations
Introduces the social, developmental, and cultural nature of parenting. Covers parent-child relationships in social contexts, the work of parenting, and issues facing contemporary parents and children. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 27 through December 18, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 42498||Instructor: Tammy D Ulrich|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
For information, contact Sylvania.
Course details: CRN 42498
Students will need to view online videos with sound as well as have access to the internet 3-5 times per week for several hours each time. Written work requires use of software such as Microsoft Word.
HEC212 is a fast paced and dynamic course. Students are required to do interviews outside of class. A parenting book of the student's choice will be required for an Integrative Book Review assignment. Students should plan to spend a good portion of time on reading text assignments and viewing other course materials, such as videos, articles & websites to complete the three written assignments, weekly discussions & quizzes.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg