ESOL163 Grammar 2
Covers identification and practice of the following grammatical structures: subject verb agreement, verb tenses, passive voice, articles, gerunds, and infinitives. Reinforces concepts in both oral and written contexts. This elective class does not replace courses in the core curriculum. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|43203 Canceled||Web||—||Canceled||Not applicable||Textbooks for CRN 43203||Instructor: Nicole M Morales|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6255.
Course details: CRN 43203
No textbooks required
This course is a traditional online course, not a remote or hybrid course. This means you need a reliable smart device (preferably a laptop or desktop) with stable internet to use D2L, do practice exercises in D2L, turn in assignments in D2L, and check MyPCC email. You need to use Zoom to participate in the midterm conference.
This course is a traditional online course. This means all lectures, practice activities, assignments, and exams are online. There is no synchronous meetings (i.e., no Zoom classes). Because this is an online class, you need to set your own study schedule every week.
Required: In order to be successful in this class, you need to log into D2L 3 or more times a week to read the D2L grammar lectures, do the D2L practice exercises, participate in the D2L weekly discussions, and submit weekly assignments in D2L. Even though you get to set your own study schedule, there are due dates every week. These due dates are set, not flexible.
Optional: There is a 1-hour weekly study group where students get together and ask the instructor questions about the grammar lectures. Students will vote on the best day and time of the week for this study group.
Book: There is no book for this class. All grammar information is online in D2L.
I look forward to studying grammar with you. Be sure to check your MyPCC email and log into our D2L Homepage on Monday, September 27, 2021 for information on what to do the first week of class.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg