ENGR102 Engineering Graphics
Introduces manual and computer-aided drafting including hand sketching, drafting standards, pictorial drawings, and dimensioning. Includes creation of 2-D drawings and 3-D solid models with AutoCAD. Prerequisite: Department approval or ENGR 101. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|45960||SY Remote||TuThTuesday and Thursday|
from 9 to 11:50am
From September 28 through December 16, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 45960||Instructor: Tara M Nelson|
Tuition: credit Fees: $18
Course details: CRN 45960
No textbooks required
Computer Program: We will be using the computer program, AutoCAD for most of the term. There is a free student license on the AutoDesk website. The details on how to get this program will be provided at the beginning of the term.
Computer Requirements: To run AutoCAD, students must have access to a computer that meets minimum requirements. The hardware requirements to run AutoCAD can be found at this link: knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2020-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html
AutoCAD generally functions best in Microsoft Windows. However, if you don't have access to a computer that uses Windows, a Mac computer will work.
Course Structure: The first week of the course we will meet both Tuesday and Thursday. The following weeks of the term we will have asynchronous work on Tuesdays and will have a synchronous session on Thursdays.
Textbook: The textbook listed through the bookstore is recommended, but not required. This course will generally taught without the use of a textbook, the recommended textbook could be used as an additional resource for you. I will also share an open source (free) textbook during the beginning of the term.
Computer program: You'll be given details on how to download AutoCAD onto your computer. You will not need this computer program the first week of the term.
Helpful, but not required: multiple monitors/screens
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.