ENG196 Film Studies: Directors
Enhances understanding of film through analysis of directorial decisions and film techniques. Develops visual literacy and analysis skills by offering a range of tools to study any film. Explores ways in which directorial decisions may affect an individual film and viewer. Situates a film within a director's body of work. Analyzes ways in which it may both contribute and react to its time and culture. Substantiates observations with examples taken from the film tradition and from the film itself. Prerequisite: (RD 115 and WR 115) or IRW 115 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|44182||SY Remote||TuThTuesday and Thursday|
from 3 to 4:30pm
From September 27 through December 18, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 44182||Instructor: James D Sauve|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Course details: CRN 44182
Additional details about this course
The instructor hasn't filled out any details for this course. This includes information about free, open educational class materials and other online class materials, proctored exams and activities, in-person and on-campus activities, technology needs and additional comments.
Contact the Instructor: James D Sauve for more information. If you don't hear back from your instructor (especially during the summer), you can contact the department at 971-722-4266.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.