CIS278 Data Comm Concepts II
Provides in-depth concepts of data communications and networking. Explores network architectures, complex network designs, and network hardware configuration. Explores both ISP-based and telephone system-based options for connectivity. Includes configuring and operating Cisco routers and other data communication equipment in order to build functional networks. Prerequisite: CIS 179, or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
from 3 to 4:50pm
From September 27 through December 13, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 41088||Instructor: Roger E Zimmerman|
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
Course details: CRN 41088
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
You will need a Windows 7, 8.x, 10, or 11, or MAC computer and will be creating a free account with Cisco's Netacad.com Web site. There you will download Packet Tracer 8 and use it throughout the course.
You will need to be able to open, edit, save, and submit Microsoft Word documents in .doc or .docx format.
We will have a required Zoom session once per week.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.