CIS195P PHP Web Development I
Introduces the server-side scripting language PHP and its use in the development of websites. Includes web server, PHP, and MySQL database installation. Covers scripting, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management, and e-commerce techniques. Prerequisite: CIS 133W or CAS 213. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|45148 Canceled||Web||—||Canceled||Not applicable||Textbooks for CRN 45148|
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4461 or 971-722-4096.
Course details: CRN 45148
No textbooks required
A PC or a Mac is recommended for this class. If you are on a solely Linux computer without a Windows or Mac alternative, the instructions may work for most Linux operating systems, but before making alterations to files, be advised to check your specific Linux OS instructions.
All of the software we will use is free to download from the web.
We will use three main programs in this class:
Browser: Either Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. I mostly use Chrome.
XAMPP (portable version of Apache web server, MySQL database, and PHP).
An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for PHP. PHPStorm is used for the lab walkthrough videos in this class.
Installation of this technology is covered in the first week of class.
There is no required text for this course, as we'll be using open educational resources that are freely available online. Readings and videos for each week will be included in each week's learning modules in Desire2Learn. Prerequisite: CIS 133W or CAS 213. Audit available. Familiarity with HTML and CSS is extremely helpful, but is not required.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg