CIS195H HTML and CSS
Covers the creation of static web content using the latest versions of HyperText Markup Language (HTML) and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). Includes the structure and syntax of HTML, commonly used block and inline HTML elements, hypertext links, forms, web project and website structure, navigation, and version control. Also includes CSS syntax, commonly used style properties, the CSS box model, and Responsive Design. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|45147||SY Remote||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 2 to 2:50pm
From September 27 through December 15, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 45147||Instructor: Rocco Charamella|
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
Course details: CRN 45147
All of the software for this course is freely available for download on line. Instructions for downloading, installing and using this software will be provided in the learning modules in Desire2Learn.
The textbook for this course is: Responsive Web Design W/HTML 5+CSS, 9th Edition, by Jessica Minnick. You can purchase a digital version through the bookstore using their Redshelf vendor. It's significantly less expensive than the paperback book.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.