APR162 Calculations for the Trades
Covers measurements and calculations used in industrial and commercial facilities settings. Includes linear and volume measurement methods using analog and digital tools and instruments including rulers, calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators. Focuses on the use of fractions, decimals, powers, roots, algebraic equations, geometry, and right angle trigonometry to perform calculations for equipment repair, maintenance, installation, and operation. Prerequisites: MTH 20 or completion of any course for which it is a prerequisite. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
from 5:30 to 9:20pm
From September 27 through December 13, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 42166||Instructor: Skyler B Stearns|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Students registered for APR 200 must also take this class
Course details: CRN 42166
You will need speakers or headphones to participate. A microphone is recommended.
Class will meet synchronously (live) in zoom from 1:00- 3:00 pm. There will be approximately 2 additional asynchronous hours (on your own time) of video lessons per class .
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.