CADD275 SolidWorks Advanced
Covers advanced editing and modeling options, configurations of assemblies, sheet metal, and topdown assembly modeling. Prerequisite: CADD 175. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From July 28 through September 3, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 32066|
|Instructor: Wendie L Siverts|
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Class starts Wed July 28. This is a 5.5 week online class.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-6031 (Office) or 971-722-6410 (DeptChair).
Course details: CRN 32066
No textbooks required
A one-year, no cost Solidworks student licence will be available for students to install on their home computer. Instructions for obtaining the license provided at the beginning of the term. To run Solidworks, students must have access to a computer that meets minimum requirements. The hardware requirments to run Solidworks can be found at this link: https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/systemrequirements.html
Contact instructor to discuss alternatives if your home computer does not meet requirements.
Microsoft Excel is recommended to access some Solidworks functionality.
This is an asynchronous Distance Learning course. There are no required scheduled meetings. An optional weekly virtual drop-in meeting will be announced after the course begins; timing will be based on student interest and availability. The instructor is also available for 1:1 virtual appointments; details will be provided at the beginning of the term.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an accelerated course; the full 11-week course content is completed in 5.5 weeks. Students are assigned two online modules per week. A typical module includes readings, video content, a lab assignment and a quiz.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg