CADD155 Fusion 360 Fundamentals
Introduces Autodesk's Fusion 360 cross platform cloud-based CAD tool for product development, and industrial and mechanical design. Includes instruction for parametric part and assembly modeling, model sculpting, and 2D drawing creation. Prerequisites: (MTH 58 or MTH 60) and (RD 90 or IRW 90 or ESOL 260) or department permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|33217||SE Remote||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 6 to 9:50pm
From June 21 through July 26, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 33217|
|Instructor: Phil A Eichmiller|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Class starts on Mon, June 21. This is a 5.5 week class.
Course details: CRN 33217
No textbooks required
For students not using a chrome book, please have a computer that meets these specifications
System requirements for Autodesk Fusion 360
- Apple® macOS™ Big Sur 11.0; Catalina 10.15; Mojave v10.14
- Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 (64 bit) (until January 2023)
- Microsoft Windows Windows 10 (64-bit) Semi-Annual Release Channel
- x86-based 64-bit processor (e.g. Intel Core i, AMD Ryzen series), 4 cores, 1.7 GHz or greater; 32-bit not supported
- ARM-based processors partially supported via Rosetta 2 only (for Apple computers only)
Memory: 4 GB of RAM (integrated graphics recommend 6 GB or more)
- Supported for DirectX 11 or greater
- Dedicated GPU with 1 GB or more of VRAM
- Integrated graphics with 6 GB or more of RAM
Disk Space: 3 GB of storage
Display Resolution: 1366 x 768 (1920 x 1080 or greater at 100% scale strongly recommended)
Internet: 2.5 Mbps or faster download; 500 Kbps or faster upload
Helpful but not required: Microphone, multiple monitors.
Chrome book users: If you have an education license you can use a Chromebook. Instructions below.
I have an educational subscription for Fusion 360. How do I access Fusion 360 on a Chromebook?
- Visit https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in to your account.
How do I get an educational subscription for Fusion 360, so that I can access it on a Chromebook?
- Visit the Autodesk Education Community.
- Click Get started on the Fusion product tile.
- Either sign-in to or create an Autodesk account and complete your education profile.
- Click Get Product on the Fusion product tile.
- Click Access on the Fusion product tile.
- You now have an educational subscription to Fusion 360 and can access Fusion 360 on a Chromebook by visiting https://fusion.online.autodesk.com.
Note: When you complete step 5, a download of the Fusion 360 desktop client is automatically launched. There is no need to install the desktop client to access Fusion 360 on a Chromebook and you can simply close this browser window.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.