WR242 Creative Writing (Poetry)
Focuses on the writing and submitting of poetry for class discussion and analysis in a workshop setting. Introduces the techniques, structures, and styles of established poets. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|20422||CA Remote||TuThTuesday and Thursday|
from 1 to 2:20pm
From March 30 through June 10, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 20422|
|Instructor: Melody Wilson|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Course details: CRN 20422
No textbooks required
This class is a Remote class, which gives us the opportunity to meet from a distance. We are very fortunate to be able to do this. I enjoy using Zoom and am positive about the experience, so I invite you to participate in this new method of learning.
Poems must be turned in using either Word or pdf. Mac users are able to convert their work to pdf, and it works fine.
Attendance is required as in a regular class. Students who don't use webcams will still be expected to be present and participate, and because this is a poetry class, participation in workshops is particularly important.
This class is constructed to help you write new poems. You should finish this term with at least ten new poems. That's almost a chapbook!
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.