MTH241 Calc for Mgmt, Life/Social Sci
Includes limits, continuity, derivatives, and integrals. Investigates applications from science, business, and social science perspectives. Graphing calculator required. TI-89 Titanium or Casio Classpad recommended. Prerequisite: (MTH 111 or MTH 111B or MTH 111C) and (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|21350||RC Remote||TuThTuesday and Thursday|
from 6 to 7:50pm
From March 30 through June 10, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 21350||Instructor: Malek Daaboul|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Course details: CRN 21350
Class will be held using Zoom during the times listed in the schedule. You will need
> Reliable internet to attend class via Zoom, access course materials in D2L, and complete online assignments
> Ability to scan written documents to PDF format using a scanner or scanner phone app
> A scientific calculator
> A graphing calculator is not required for the course. Instead we will use one of two free apps caled Desmos and GeoGebra for graphing when graphing utility is appropriate
> A printer is helpful but not required
This class will be taught remotely using Zoom, with live lessons occurring at the times listed for this course in the PCC schedule of classes. If you sign up for the course, you should be able to attend these live zoom lessons. Class sessions will be a mix of lecture and colloborative work. Students are encouraged to interact with me (the instructor) and their fellow students during class time. Lessons will be recorded and available in D2L for later reference by students who happen to miss a class session or for going over the lessons again. Also, please make sure to let me know promptly if you need help so that we can provide you with the needed support. This may require setting up office hours zoom meetings to have face to face communications. Office hours Zoom meetings will be scheduled when a student requests it. The time will be scheduled to better align with the student and intructor availability.
Please note that you can access this class and view the Zoom cloud recordings by following these steps:
1. Enter online pcc. edu on your web browser
2. Click on the class
3. Click on Online Rooms
4. Click on Cloud Recordings
Also, the above process will get you in the class if you do steps 1, 2 and 3.
[In case you encounter problems in joining the Zoom meeting, please call me at 503 591-1866 and we will figure out the problem(s) and help you to attend the class.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.