MTH20 Fundamentals of Mathematics
Develops arithmetic fluency and the conceptual basis, and applications of integers, fractions, decimals, percents, and measurements. A scientific calculator may be required. The TI-30XS or TI-30XIIS is recommended. The PCC math department recommends that students take MTH courses in consecutive terms. Prerequisite: (ABE 0782 or placement into MTH 20) and (placement into RD 80 or ESOL 250). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|22030||CA Remote||TuThTuesday and Thursday|
from 11:30am to 1:50pm
From March 30 through June 10, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 22030||Instructor: Shawna L Dehler|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Aleks access required. Purchase new textbook bundle.
Course details: CRN 22030
Class will be held using Zoom during class times listed in the schedule. You will need:
- Reliable internet to attend class via Zoom, access course materials in D2L, and complete online assignments.
- A scientific calculator
- A printer is helpful, but not required.
This class will meet remotely twice a week, (Tues. and Thurs.) from 11:00 – 1:50 pm in Zoom sessions. They are scheduled to last for 2.83 hours and will include some lecture, practice quizzes, practice ALEKS problems, and group work using break-out sessions in Zoom sessions. There are instructional videos for each week’s content for students to watch. You can watch them at any point during the week. Links to the classes are posted on Desire to Learn under the Online Rooms tab. Students who are absent will need to watch the zoom recording and make up the group work that we complete during the class.
This class will use the ALEKS homework system. The program is bundled with the textbook when you purchase the text through the PCC bookstore. The program learns the prerequisite topics that you are weak on and gives you additional practice and instruction before starting the week’s homework. I will give you many more details once the term starts. Some more details can be found by clicking the link: https://spaces.pcc.edu/display/MS/ALEKS+Information
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.