G201 Earth Materials and Tectonics
Introduces physical geology which deals with minerals, rocks, internal structure of the earth, and plate tectonics. Includes a weekly lab. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and (MTH 95 or MTH 98) or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From March 29 through June 12, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 24910||Instructor: Eriks M Puris|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: CRN includes both the lecture and the lab
|and SE Remote||WWednesday|
from 9 to 11:50am
From March 31 through June 9, 2021
|Instructor: Eriks M Puris|
Course details: CRN 24910
This class will have a weekly synchonous zoom session for which a videocam is useful but not required.
We will be using the online version of Google Earth in some of the labs.
This is a remote version of an on campus lab class. We will have weekly zoom classes at the time indicated in the schedule. The zoom classes will be recorded for later viewing which is useful if you can not attend during the weekly scheduled time.
Required Instructional Materials
1) Texbook- Earth: Portait of a Planet by Stephen Marshak. This textbook can also be used for G 202 and G 203.
2) Mineral & Rock Kit (available from PCC Bookstore) cost about $65 dollars
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.