ESOL152 Level 5 Writing
The fifth level of ESOL and the second of a 5-course sequence that focuses on writing. Review of the writing process and introduction to the essay. Descriptive, narrative, process and comparative/contrast. Review of basic grammar. Introduction to present perfect, gerunds and infinitives, and adverbial causes. Writing and grammar taught in the context of communicating in academic and adult life roles. Prerequisite: ESOL placement test OR successful completion of ESOL 42/42N; AND concurrent placement in ESOL 40/40N and ESOL 44/44N or higher. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
|20652 Canceled||CA Remote||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 9 to 10:50am
|Canceled||Not applicable||Textbooks for CRN 20652|
|Instructor: Annae Nichelson|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Course details: CRN 20652
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Welcome to my Writing 5 class! This class has four main components:
- Zoom class meetings on Mondays and Wednesdays 9:00-10:50am
- Textbook and online workbook assignments (please buy a new textbook so that you can get a code for the online workbook)
- Weekly writing assignments written in Google Docs or Microsoft Word through our D2L page
- Weekly grammar quizzes completed on our D2L page
This class will keep you busy, but most students are very happy with the class and learn a lot :)
Please contact me with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
I really hope to have you in my Writing 5 class!
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.