ENG197 Film Studies: Themes & Genres
Enhances understanding of film through analysis of contemporary film-making, narrative techniques, genres, themes and critical approaches. Develops visual literacy and analysis skills by offering a range of tools to study any film. Analyze contemporary film techniques and the ways in which the films may both contribute and react to their time and culture; study contemporary film theory; and substantiate observations with examples taken from the film tradition and from the film itself. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From March 29 through June 12, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 20467|
|Instructor: Tara O McDowell|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Theme: Cinema
Course details: CRN 20467
Additional details about this course
The instructor hasn't filled out any details for this course. This includes information about free, open educational class materials and other online class materials, proctored exams and activities, in-person and on-campus activities, technology needs and additional comments.
Contact the Instructor: Tara O McDowell for more information. If you don't hear back from your instructor (especially during the summer), you can contact the department at 971-722-5637 (Dept Chair) or 971-722-5251 (Office).
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.