CH221 General Chemistry I
Explores measurements, properties of matter, nomenclature, atomic theory, chemical periodicity, and chemical bonding. Recommended for the following majors and pre-professional degrees: chemistry, natural science, engineering, medicine and dentistry. This is the first course in a three course sequence. For information about the CH 151 Competency Exam see the description addendum in the CCOG. Prerequisites: MTH 111, (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 or equivalent placement, and (CH 151 or pass the CH 151 Competency Exam). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide.)
This page includes filtered results. See all available sections for this class.
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From March 29 through June 12, 2021
|Textbooks for CRN 21777||Instructor: Jerome J Du Boulay|
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: CRN includes both the lecture and the lab
Course details: CRN 21777
There is no additional technology required for this class.
This is an asynchronous class that can be completed without attending class. An optional online class will be offered via ZOOM and the recording of this class will be uploaded to D2L. To attend the class, a zoom link will available via D2L once the class opens. Labs will completely online and completed without requiring in-person contact. No additional lab kit will be required for the class.
Homework:: https://www.cengage.com/owlv2/ Additional information is required before you register for the online homeowrk.
For those seeking an exemption for the CH 151 pre-req, please go to the link listed below. Review the study guide for Chemistry and Math located midway down the page - this is material that should be mastered before taking CH 221. Complete the CH 221 Override Request, then email the instructor for your desired CRN to alert them to review your submission. The instructor will contact you with their decision.
CH 151 Competency Exam link: https://www.pcc.edu/testing/proctored-exams/chemistry-151-competency-exam/
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.