Explores the religions of Asia, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism, and Shinto. Includes readings of sacred texts and scholarly literature. Focuses on the founders and history, myths and doctrines, rituals and traditions, and social and personal ethics for each tradition. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 44562
Martha J Bailey
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5220 (Dept Chair) or 971-722-5251 (Office).
Course details: CRN 44562
No textbooks required
No, although there may be optional Zoom sessions, in which a microphone would be helpful but not required.
There are no required in-person activities. There will be optional activities highlighed, likely all remote for Fall, either through PCC or other entities in the Portland area.
The course organization has been significantly revised for Fall 2020. The content is largely the same, but the way you will access the materials is designed to be more transparent. You should expect to be engaged in class early in the first week of the term, as there are assignments due at the end of that, and every week following.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg