Surveys the role of the brain and nervous system in behavior, psychological functioning, and neurophysiological processes that underlie human development. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement, and PSY 201A or one year of biology. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 44624
Course details for CRN 44624
Instructor: Debi K Cozzoli
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
This page includes online classes only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 44624
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Students must log in and complete 2 activities during the first two days of the term in order to secure their seats in the course. Students who do not log in and complete these small assignments by 11:59 PM on Tuesday of the first week may be marked as a No Show and dropped from the course to make room for waitlisted students.
All modules will be available at the start of the term. Each module is due by 11:59 PM on Sunday evening (for instance, for Fall quarter Module 1 is due September 27th by 11:59 PM). The course is designed so that students may work ahead but once a deadline passes, late work is only allowed with written permission.
This course utilizes a free educational website instead of a textbook. No materials need to be purchased. Note, however, that students who wish to have a physical/traditional textbook are encouraged to use Kalat's Biological Psychology text. That text is available through the bookstore or can be purchased digitally through the publisher. More information on that option is supplied in the first week of the course.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg