Introduces basic running performance fundamentals that help maintain and enhance physical fitness and overall well-being. Provides foundational information and tools needed to understand, organize, plan, and implement a physical fitness program that features running as a primary cardiorespiratory activity. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 45372
Course details for CRN 45372
Instructor: Tanya R Kraus
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
This page includes online classes only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 45372
No textbooks required
Microsoft Office or equivalent (Google Docs, iWork, etc). You must be able to save files as doc, docx, rtf, or pdf format; Calculator; Firefox, Chrome, or Safari browser; Ability to work with documents and upload files to the Assignments area in D2L.
You will be running for exercise on your own and reporting your workouts online. There are assignment requirements to learn about monitoring intensity, exercise heart rate, goal-setting, and running fitness program design. In addition, you will participate in discussions with classmates online. There is a required Instructor Email assignment and Intro Quiz by the first Thursday of the term in order to stay enrolled. All written and electronic materials you need are posted online. You will need a place to run safely & with distance from others outside (streets/sidewalks, track, trails), at home on a treadmill, or a "social distancing" fitness facility treadmill.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg