Introduces the development of fitness and wellness goal-setting and overall fitness programming. Explores fitness principles for safety, exercise selection, and performing physical activities. Incorporates self-reflection, exercise log journaling, group discussion, and evaluation of personal fitness. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 40838
Course details for CRN 40838
Instructor: Mary Ann Humphrey-Keever
Tuition: credit Fees: $12
This page includes online classes only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 40838
No textbooks required
Basic use of the computer, able to print and follow fitness formatting charts to record your personal activies.
Due to ongoing Covid19, student should be prudient about the activities that are performed, especially outside. When writing this information (it was the end of July-preparing for Fall), students in various counties of Oregon and other states with access to PCC courses, will no doubt, be expected to wear a face mask while outside. Adhering to such rules is a good procedure in order to help stay healthy. Other reminders include washing hands, and avoiding large groups, and simply being smart about what you do for your own health and safety and do what protects that of your family during this unknown time of the disease.
You may perform activities in your home, however, there are beginning and ending simple fitness work (to assess your improvement in your fitness journey) that will require outside work.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg