Covers basic features of Native American religions, European backgrounds of Christianity, development of different religious groups in the United States and their impact on American life from 1840 until the recent past. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 42792
Ken R Wilson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5220 (Dept Chair) or 971-722-5251 (Office).
Course details: CRN 42792
No textbooks required
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Have you ever wondered what all the different churches you see around town are about?
This class is about the history of religion in the US from1840 to the present. It is about how religion shaped America and how America shaped religion.
All of the material is provided in the class shell. The work includes readings and short videos. Weekly assignments include quizzes, short papers and projeccts.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg