Introduces additional concepts of Microsoft Word to enhance documents through advanced features. Includes working with images; creating/using styles; formatting multi-page documents using advanced features of headers/footers and section breaks; integrating software to create and format tables and charts; using advanced mail merge; creating documents with columns; creating and using fill-in forms. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Prerequisites: CAS 216 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 40260
Course details for CRN 40260
Instructor: Sherie Guess
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Word 2019/365.
This page includes online classes only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 40260
Students must have access to Microsoft Word 2019 to complete course assignments.
Important Note: This course is a PC based course.
If you have a MAC, the correct Microsoft Word 2019 software must be installed and it is the student's responsibility to contact the help desk for support if needed. Students have successfully completed the course using a MAC but the correct software is required.
Welcome to CAS 217!
You must login and complete the assignment due by Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 9 p.m. to maintain your enrollment in the course. You will have instructions for this first assignment once you log in.
Students are expected to begin the course the first week and have the necessary course materials.
The class will be available by 8 a.m., Monday, September 21, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Sherie Guess, Sylvania Campus, TCB 312, email@example.com, 971-722-4671.
The course materials for the CAS 217 online course includes the necessary activation code for the SIMnet program.
Title: In Practice for Microsoft Office Word 2019 SIMnet access card
Author: Randy Nordell
You may order online through the PCC Bookstore.
MICROSOFT WORD 2019 IS REQUIRED FOR THIS COURSE.
The following link will allow you to download Office 365/Office for free.
You must have access to the software for weekly assignments.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg