Develops skills necessary for editing, transcribing, and writing memos, letters and email. Emphasis: punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and word use. Recommended: Placement into WR 121, keyboard by touch. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 41071
Gwyn J Booth
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5145 or 971-722-5695 or 971-722-5116.
Course details: CRN 41071
A word processing program will be needed.
This class is intended to help you improve your communication skills using Standard English for careers and to avoid noticeable errors by studying the correct and effective use of the following:
- Sentence structure
- Word choice
This class meets entirely online. We do not have campus meetings.
Recommended Prerequisites: Qualify for WR 121, keyboard by touch, and completion of a beginning word processing class.
If you do not possess the above prerequisite skills, you may have a difficult time successfully completing this class. It is strongly suggested that you first attain the above skills before enrolling in this course.
You must log in to our class website and complete an Academic Integrity Statement by Wednesday of the first week, or you may be dropped from the class.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg