- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 40672
Will A Mahoney-Watson
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4096.
Course details: CRN 40672
TEXT & MATERIALS:
cv2) A Smarter Way to Learn jQuery, Mark Myers, ISBN-10: 1523986468; ISBN-13: 978-1523986460This cour
If you can afford it, please get the paper editions of the book. Most students find it much easier to work with a print book than moving around between computer screens while trying to view both the book and their code.
Required WEB HOSTING
Students will be expected to have an active account at Web Hosting for Students (WHFS) for this class. Exceptions will be made only for students with an active account at another hosting provider *if* the student is comfortable giving the instructor Control Panel and FTP access and the instructor verifies that the server is as professional as the WHFS one. The WHFS server is only $25 for a whole year, and can be used for all CAS classes that year, so it is very reasonably priced. Please see this page for information on how to sign up: oak.pcc.edu/cf/whs-signup.html
The following (free) programs are required: Firefox, Chrome and an HTML editor. Most students use Brackets for editing their code. Assignment 1 has details about how to install and configure Brackets for the course.
DIFFICULTY: This is a challenging course. Expect to spend 12 hours a week or more going through the assignments and doing the projects. Please do not sign up if you do not have this much time available.
PREREQUISITES: CAS 206 or instructor permission. You are expected to be very comfortable creating CSS from scratch (without using a tool that creates it for you), creating a web page with HTML, uploading pages with FTP, creating a web site consisting of multiple pages with links, images, tables, and forms using a web page editor or programmer's editor that works with plain text. This class will be very difficult for you if you do not have this experience.
CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS: Students must check in to the course by Thursday noon of the first week of class or they may be dropped from the class.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg