Covers formatting, proofreading, and editing to produce business documents such as professional reports, meeting & events materials, and business letters utilizing a variety of software technologies. Focuses on improving and increasing speed and accuracy of keyboarding skills for document production. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115 or higher; OS 220; keying 40 wpm by touch. Prerequisite: CAS 216 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 40564
Janet M Graves
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Word 2019/365.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4096.
Course details: CRN 40564
No textbooks required
Students will need Office 2017 (or later) or Office 365.. All other materials have been developed by instructors and will be in the D2L class shell. Access to a free download of Office 365 will be available. Skillbuilding will be completed using free online software.
CAS 123 is a capstone course. Students will be expected to use resources from other courses as well as internet searches to complete some assignments. A Style Guide will be provided in D2L Brightspace.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg